Knitting patterns that either help raise awareness for a cause or charity or are to give to someone comfort in their time of need. If you can’t directly help the organization that provides the pattern, maybe you can start a similar group to help those that live in your community. Let this page be an inspiration to you.
- The babies are treated with dignity and respect just as a live baby would be wrapped up when it is born.
- The blankets and angel pockets help hospital staff present babies to their family in a respectful way.
- The angel pockets allow parents to ‘hold’ their baby without touching their skin, which is very fragile and deteriorates quite quickly.
- A dead baby’s body starts to seep fluids shortly after death and the blankets help to ‘soak up’ some of that fluid.
- Some parents want to keep the blankets they have bought for their baby so choose to bury or cremate them in the donated blanket.
- The blankets may be kept as a keepsake. When there is very little to show for a baby, a pretty angel pocket or blanket will often be treasured forever.